- 8 oz (250 g) ground Ontario veal
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) broken spaghetti pieces
- 3 cups (750 mL) lightly packed baby spinach, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large bowl, using your hands, combine veal, cheese and garlic until well combined. Use a heaping teaspoonful to roll mixture into meatballs and place on plate.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring broth to a gentle boil. Slowly add spaghetti and meatballs and cook, stirring for about 8 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink inside and spaghetti is tender but firm. Stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute.
Ladle into bowls to serve and sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
Tip: Make the meatballs ahead and freeze for up to 2 weeks, then simply cook them in the soup from frozen. Be sure to add a few more minutes to cook them through.