For a refreshing change to your evening meal, try this easy veal stir-fry.
- 1 lb (500g) veal Loin or round, cut into bite size strips
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) assorted fresh vegetables
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Pour over veal strips and marinate 15-30 minutes or up to 2 hours for increased flavour intensity. Drain and discard marinade. Pre-heat wok or large deep skillet with enough oil to prevent sticking. Cook veal strips quickly until just done (approx. 3-4 minutes). Remove veal. Add vegetables, such as pepper strips, onions, snow peas, etc., and stir-fry 2-3 minutes more. Return veal to pan and heat through. Serve over noodles, rice, or couscous.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information: 212 Calories * 26 g Protein * 5.4 g fat * 11 g Carbohydrate