- 4 bone-in veal chops (about 8 oz/224 g each)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each coarse salt, fresh cracked pepper
- 4 oz (115 g) Ontario chevre, softened
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (less if desired)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced, fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated lime zest
Drizzle veal chops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
In bowl, stir together cheese, chipotle, cilantro and lime. Place in the middle of a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a 2-inch (5 cm) log. Chill in refrigerator.
Grill veal chop over medium heat high heat until desired doneness, about 10 minutes per side for medium rare, depending on the thickness of the veal.
Cut chevre compound into slices using dental floss. Top hot veal with slice of cheese before serving.
PER SERVING: about 280 cal, 24 g pro, 20 g total fat (9 g sat fat), 1 g carb, 0 g fibre, 85 mg chol, 390 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 8%, calcium 6%, vit A 10%, vit C 8%