The refreshing tang of fruit salsa complements the delicately flavoured veal chops.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime or lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 6 Ontario veal rib or loin chops, cut 3/4 – 1″ (2-2.5 cm) thick
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared salsa
- 1 peach, nectarine or mango peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2″ (1.5 cm) pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime or lemon juice
Mix zest and salt together and rub into both sides of veal chops (approximately 1/2 tsp/5 mL per side) and season with pepper. Grill chops over medium coals 7 to 8 minutes or 145°F /64°C (medium rare), 160°F /71°C (medium), turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Serve chops with salsa.
Tip: Leave out the prepared salsa and mix together the other salsa ingredients for less tang and a more fruitier flavour.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information: 160 Calories * 23 g Protein * 3.6 g Fat * 8.2 g Carbohydrate