- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario veal tenderloin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each, salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each, coarse salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped basil
Brush tenderloin with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Heat grill to medium high heat. Sear veal on all sides. Transfer to indirect heat and cook for 15 minutes or until just a hint of pink remains in the meat. Remove from grill and transfer to cutting board. Sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into thick slices.
In a medium sized bowl, toss tomatoes with oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Grill in a grill basket or in foil, just until tomatoes blacken and begin to soften. Transfer to bowl and toss with green onions and basil. Serve warm or at room temperature with sliced veal.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 212.1 calories, 24.3 g protein, 6.1 g carbohydrates, 1.6 g dietary fibre, 698.7 mg sodium, 10.1 g fat, 2.2 g polyunsaturated fatty acids, 1.7 g saturated fatty acids, 91.2 mg cholesterol