- 4 Ontario veal scaloppini, about 200 g
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves/Yield: 2 to 4
Sprinkle salt and pepper over veal; set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the butter and oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Brown veal on both sides and remove to plate; keep warm.
Add wine and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes or until reduced by half. Whisk in remaining butter and parsley until smooth and thickened slightly.
Pour sauce over veal to serve.
Tip: Veal scaloppini is very thinly sliced veal and is easily overcooked. Once veal is browned on both sides it’s ready to be taken out of the pan. You will appreciate the texture and flavour so much more.
Source: Ontario Veal Appeal (www.ontariovealappeal.ca)