- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) veal strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Half each sweet red and green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) smokey chipotle sauce (optional)
- 4 large flour tortillas, heated
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 minutes
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook veal, onion, chili powder, cumin and salt, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until veal is browned. Add red and green peppers; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add lime juice and chipotle sauce (if using) and cook, stirring, until veal is just slightly pink inside and most of liquid is evaporated. Spoon filling along centre of tortillas; fold up bottom and fold over both sides to enclose.
Makes 4 servings
Helpful Tips: Chipotles are smoked jalapeno peppers and can be found in a number of barbecue-type sauces. They add a real “Tex-Mex” smoky flavour. Look for these sauces in the condiments or hot sauce sections of the grocery store.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 336 Calories, 30.2 g Protein, 6.2 g Fat, 38.2 g Carbohydrate