- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario Veal cutlets
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced cucumber
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 8-inch (20 cm) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each thinly sliced Thai basil and mint leaves
Season cutlets with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium high heat, heat oil and brown cutlets on both sides, about 3 minutes per side, until a hint of pink remains. Transfer to cutting board and cool slightly. Slice thinly on a diagonal and transfer to bowl with accumulated juices. Toss with chili sauce, soy sauce, onions, carrots, pepper and cucumber.
Arrange one lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Divide veal mixture over top and sprinkle with basil and mint. Fold in sides and roll up to secure. Slice in half diagonally and serve with extra sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Chef’s Tip: For authentic Thai flavour and heat, substitute sliced mango for the grated carrot and add 1 minced chili to the cooked veal mixture.
Make-Ahead Tip: For a nutritious lunch or dinner-on-the-go, wraps can be assembled one day in advance, wrapped tightly with plastic and refrigerated until ready to serve.