- 2 tbsp (30 mL) 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp cider (15 mL) vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Ontario veal rib or loin chops
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- Half small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil (optional)
In a large shallow dish, combine maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper; add veal chops and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or for up to 24 hours.
Fruit Relish: Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add rhubarb; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring for about 10 minutes or until rhubarb is soft. Add berries, maple syrup and salt; cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until berries are warm. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly. Stir in basil.
Grill veal over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side for medium or until desired doneness, brushing with any remaining marinade before turning. Serve with warm fruit relish.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 228 Calories; 24 g Protein, 6.5 g Fat, 18.9 g Carbohydrates