- 1 cup (250 mL) cubed whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each, fresh chopped parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each, coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario veal cutlets (about eight)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
In food processor, pulse bread cubes, nuts, Parmesan, parsley, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Transfer to shallow dish or pie plate.
Sprinkle cornstarch over the cutlets, shaking off any excess. Pour egg into shallow bowl and dredge one cutlet at a time in egg. Coat veal with nut mixture, pressing to adhere to both sides.
In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium high heat. Arrange half of the crusted cutlets in the pan; cook until golden on each side and cooked through, about 1 – 3 minutes per side (depending on the thickness). Transfer to paper towel-lined platter; keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and cutlets. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
PER SERVING: about 330 cal, 30 g pro, 19 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 8 g carb, 2 g fibre, 145 mg chol, 250 mg sodium. %RDI: 10% iron, 10% calcium 2% vit C, 4% vit A, 22% B12, 25% zinc.
Source : www.ontariovealappeal.ca