- 2 lbs (1 kg) ground Ontario veal
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Kosher salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cracked black pepper
- 16 mini brioche buns to serve
Suggested toppings: Caesar salad, Oka cheese, grilled Portobello mushroom caps, caramelized onions
Suggested serving: Top brioche bottom with Caesar salad. Add the veal burger, 1/2 ounce (15 g) Oka cheese, grilled Portobello mushroom cap and caramelized onions. Top with remaining brioche.
In large bowl add veal, oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper and mix until well combined. Using hands, shape into 1/4 cup (50 mL) patties. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat grill or barbeque to medium. Cook patties, turning once until no longer pink inside, approximately 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately.
Makes 16 mini veal burgers.