- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed, washed, and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large, sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2L vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup 35 % cooking cream
- Fresh tarragon leaves to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil to garnish
- 250g ground veal
- ¼ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp tarragon, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Pre-heat oven to 375 °F.
In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat butter on medium-high heat. Add in leeks, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until they have softened. Add in garlic, potatoes, and sweet potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Cover with vegetable stock and allow stock to come to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Turn off heat.
While soup is cooking, combine ground veal, ricotta, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, onion powder, tarragon, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Using clean hands, mix until everything is well combined. To portion, use a teaspoon measure and lightly roll with your hands to shape. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
Using a hand blender; blend soup until creamy in texture. On medium-high heat, add in cream and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary.
Plate soup in individual bowls, then top with 5-7 mini veal meatballs, garnish with fresh tarragon and extra virgin olive oil.
Source: Vanessa Gianfrancesco (Cooking with V)