Sometimes a warm dip is the perfect thing to serve up at a gathering whether it’s for the big game or a potluck with family. This dip will keep them coming back for more!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 8 oz (250 g) ground Ontario Veal
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sodium reduced beef broth
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley or cilantro
- 1 bag (220 g) multi grain tortilla chips
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield/Servings: 3 cups (750 mL)
In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, peppers and thyme for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add veal and cook, stirring and breaking up with spoon for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
Whisk cornstarch into beef broth and stir into veal mixture. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add cream and Cheddar cheeses and stir until melted. Stir in yogurt and parsley and heat through.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Tip: If you have a small slow cooker use it to keep the dip warm the whole night.
You can also make the dip ahead and warm it back up over low heat if you need to double up for a really big crowd.
Source: Ontario Veal Appeal