2 cups (500 mL) cider vinegar
½ cup (125 mL) dark brown sugar
1 ½ tsp (7 mL) mustard seeds
2 tomatillos, husk removed, diced
4 ripe-firm Ontario Peaches, peeled and sliced ½ inch thick, grilled
1 cup (250 mL) roasted red peppers, diced
½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced red onion rings
¼ cup (60 mL) garlic oil (or olive oil)
Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
2 Ontario veal loin chops (about 2 lb/1 kg)
Pinch of smoked salt for garnishing
Fresh tarragon leaves for garnishing
1. Fire up the grill to medium-high heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Place a 4-quart (4L) saucepan over medium heat, add the vinegar, sugar and mustard seeds.
Bring the mixture to a boil stir to dissolve sugar, let cook for 5 minutes for a syrup consistency.
3. Add tomatillos, then the peaches and reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes, add peppers, onions and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat and ladle into sterilized jars.
4. Rinse veal, pat dry with paper towels. Place chops on baking sheet, drizzle with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Place chops on grill. Grill turning occasionally for about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 3 minutes before serving.
6. Serve veal chops with potatoes, pasta or rice and garnished generously with Smoky Peach Relish (garnished with smoked salt and tarragon leaves).
Source: Chef Raquel Fox (IslandGurlFoods.com)