- 12 oz (375 g) fettuccine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) veal loin or round, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil or dill
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
In large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain well.
Meanwhile, sprinkle veal with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and pepper.
In large, shallow pot, heat half of oil over high heat; brown veal in batches. Transfer to plate. Reduce heat to medium; add remaining oil. Cook garlic, carrots, broccoli and red pepper, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add wine and chicken stock; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Return veal and any accumulated juices to pan; pour in cream and remaining salt. Bring to boil; simmer for 2 minutes.
Toss with drained pasta; sprinkle with basil and Parmesan.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information: 531 Calories * 32.8 g Protein * 29.7 g Fat * 33.1 g Carbohydrate