Marinating time: 4 hours
Grill time: 10 – 15 minutes
Tip: If using wooden skewers soak them in water for at least 10 minutes before threading with veal and onions
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Ontario Veal stewing cubes
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) or half can craft beer
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, dill, and parsley
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) finely diced red onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) ranch dressing
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Everything Bagel seasoning
- 1 red onion cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 white onion cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
Place veal cubes into a large bowl, pan or extra-large resealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, beer, herbs, garlic, diced onion, ranch dressing and bagel seasoning. Pour over veal cubes and stir well so veal is coated with marinade. Refrigerate and let marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
Heat grill to 450 to 550F° (232-288°C).
Thread skewer with one red onion piece, one white onion piece and then two veal cubes. Repeat
and finish with red onion and white onion piece on the end. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once or twice.
Source: Ted Reader BBQ