Your mouth will want more of this tasty sandwich with just one bite! Perfect served wrapped in parchment paper a la “Food Truck” style to eat on the run. Or relax and serve it up with mango coleslaw to heighten your taste buds.
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime rind
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 4 Ontario veal scaloppini, about 8 oz/250 g
- 2 whole grain naan breads
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) mango chutney
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 oz (60 g) very thinly sliced 2 year old cheddar cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
In a shallow dish, combine lime rind, juice, oil, cumin and coriander. Add veal and turn to coat evenly. Let stand for at least 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Place scaloppini on greased grill over medium high heat and grill for about 5 minutes, turning once or until desired doneness.
Spread one of the naan breads with chutney and sprinkle with cilantro. Place scaloppini over chutney to cover and top with cheddar. Place remaining naan on top and place in panini press and grill for about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and naan is golden.
Cut into quarters to serve.
Tip: Have the scaloppini grilled and ready to go so you can make this panini any time you crave it!
Yield/Servings: 4 servings
Source: Ontario Veal Appeal (ontariovealappeal.ca)