Add a new kick to your kabobs with these easy and flavourful marinades perfect for cubed veal loin or round steaks.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pineapple juice concentrat
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each soy sauce and brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- pinch cayenne
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Each soy sauce, lemon juice, lime juice and brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb (454 g) veal kabob cubes or 1″ (2.5 cm) thick loin or round steaks, cut into cubes
- assorted vegetable or fruit chunks (i.e. peppers, zucchini, pineapple)
Combine ingredients for your marinade of choice. Pour over veal cubes; stir to coat. Let stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours in the refrigerator for increased flavour. Soak wooden skewers in water 10 minutes to prevent burning. Thread marinated veal onto skewers, alternating with vegetable or fruit chunks. Broil or grill on barbecue 8 to 10 minutes turning once and brushing with extra marinade for first 5 minutes. Discard leftover marinade.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Caribbean: 237 Calories, 26 g Protein, 2.1 g Fat, 26 g Carbohydrate | Thai: 241 Calories, 8 g Protein, 8.1 g Fat, 12 g Carbohydrate