A simple to make yet complex tasting breadcrumb mixture, plus a quick lemon marinade, makes this chop dazzle.
- 4 Veal Chops
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced capers
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped flat leaf parsley1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1/2 (125 mL) cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Arrange chops in large casserole dish or bowl.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine olive oil and lemon juice and pour over chops; set aside.
Combine breadcrumbs, capers, parsley, garlic, cheese and oregano. Mix in olive oil.
Strain the chops from the marinade and bread with breadcrumb mixture.
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
Heat olive oil in large skillet to medium high and brown the chops on both sides (about 1 minute per side) and place chops on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Finish cooking chops in oven. 7 to 10 minutes depending on thickness.