The refreshing tang of fruit salsa complements the delicately flavoured veal chops.
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime or lemon peel
- 6 Veal Rib or Loin Chops, cut 3/4 – 1″ (2-2.5 cm) thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared salsa
- 1 mango or nectarine peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2″ (1.5 cm) pieces
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime or lemon juice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Rub peel into both sides of veal chops and season with salt and pepper. Grill chops over medium coals 12 to 14 minutes to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving time. Serve chops with salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information: 160 Calories * 23 g Protein * 3.6 g Fat * 8.2 g Carbohydrate